Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Moms with Multi-Tasking Mojo -- Share!


 I’m the type of person that thrives on feeling productive. I like to get stuff done. The more, the better. Now as a work-at-home mom with a business, a baby, a dog who I treat like a baby (I realize I have it much easier than most with just one tot!), I’m finding creative ways to cross off those to-dos on my list. And there's not a lot of crossing-off lately, I’m afraid. Still, I leverage naps for precious writing time or handling admin-like things. And I’ve figured out new ways to multi-task—you have, too! (Get ready to share!)

On days Max decides to revolt napping all together, it’s time to get creative. (Here, Max shows me that he's got work to do, too.)



For example…
I can nurse and conduct effective phone interviews with sources, who will later be cited in articles that I will write at scary hours of the day.

I can walk the dog, sift through email and ogle at Max in his stroller while burning off the cookie I ate for breakfast.

I can prepare lunch while nursing Max (one-handed sandwich making trick) and scratching the dog’s belly with my toe.

I can fold laundry, listen to voicemail, entertain drooling Max (who plays with unfolded laundry) and play ball with Mayzie.

I know you have many hidden talents! Please share your multi-tasking wizardry!

No comments:

Post a Comment